Connect is a platform for developers, that allows you to connect Minecraft (Java Edition) servers and proxies very easily, and build awesome Minecraft networks.
The Connect platform
The Connect platform consists of the following components:
- The Connect Plugin - A plugin that links your servers with the Connect Network
- The Connect Network - A global network of Minecraft endpoints
- The Connect API - A public API for developers
- The Connect Browser - Server discovery for players
The Connect Plugin
The Connect Plugin is a powerful multi-platform Minecraft plugin that links your servers with the global Connect Network.
It supports PaperMC, Gate, BungeeCord and Velocity platforms.
Your servers are automatically advertised to players on the open network. Players can discover your server from the in-game server browser while you stay in control of your Minecraft servers/proxies and hosting location.
Connect also makes localhost servers publicly joinable and provides a free domain for every server. Feels like magic!
You may already have questions - don't worry. We will cover every little detail in the rest of the documentation. For now, please read along, so you can have a high-level understanding of what the Connect platform offers.
The Connect Network
The Connect Network consists of highly available, scalable and self-healing edge proxies built on top of best-of-breed cloud native technologies and securely interconnects all active Minecraft server and proxy endpoints through the Connect Plugin without noticeable overhead.
The Connect Network is vital to the Connect platform and responsible for:
- Establishing Tunnels between players and your servers
- Providing free public domains to your public or localhost servers
- Advertising your servers to players through multiple channels like the Browser Hub
- Providing features to the public Connect API for developers
Connect can replace traditional proxies like BungeeCord or Velocity and become the largest shared Minecraft network in the world.
Core features of Connect are free and will always be free for everyone.
The Connect API
The public Connect API allows developers to build awesome Minecraft networks and applications on top of the Connect platform.
It powers the Connect Browser and is used to move players between endpoints and retrieve server information.
Check out the Developers API guide to learn more!
The Connect Browser
The Connect Browser encompasses all the features that allow players to discover and join endpoints on the Connect Network. Most notably, it's the in-game server browser that players can access with the
/browser global command or by joining
Check out the Advertising guide to learn more!
Endpoints are also referred to as servers for simplicity.
Endpoints are advertised to players and can be joined by using the Connect Browser or moving players with the Connect API. Any server that can serve Minecraft clients and is linked with the Connect Network can be an Endpoint.
- Joining guide - Learn how to join endpoints.
- Advertising guide - Learn about advertising your endpoints.
- Endpoint Domains guide - Learn how to use free domains for your endpoints.
- Offline Mode guide - Learn how to allow offline mode players on your server.
Check out How Tunnel connections work! for a technical explanation.
There are two concrete types of sessions defined by Connect:
- Player Sessions are established between players and Endpoints on the Connect Network.
- Endpoint Sessions are established between Connect Network and Endpoints itself.
Let's Speedrun the Quick Start!
You have a Minecraft server locally or somewhere else? Let's get started and link it with the Connect Network for the first time! Just click the
Next page button or click Quick Start!